GENERAL RULES AND PROCEDURES
1. TOURISTS AUTO POLICIES
The following guidelines should be followed when issuing tourist policies:
- Physical Inspection of each vehicle must be made “NO PHOTOS REQUIRED”
- The insured amount for comp/coll should be based on actual cash value of the vehicle.
Coverage under tourist policies is in effect only while in
- BINDING PROCEDURES /EFFECTIVE DATES
Coverages will be bound for completed applications in strict compliance with these underwriting rules and procedures. The effective date of coverage will be determined by the following procedures:
A) Policies Transmitted via Web-Site
Policy is bound immediately given agent mails application, and supporting documents to Auto International within 72 hours.
B) Manual Applications
* By Fax and Mail - To bind coverage fax completed application to Auto International before effective time and date requested and mail with supporting documents within 72 hours.
* By Mail Only – A completed application with supporting documents must be postmarked or received by Auto International Within 72 hours after policy has been sold or before the day which coverage is to be effective.
- No application will be processed unless the following documents are submitted:
A) Registration of all vehicles
B) Valid Driver License of all drivers
C) A fully completed application
PRODUCER WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR MAILING OR CANCELING ANY APPLICATION SUBMITTED BY FAX.
INCOMPLETE OR INELIGIBLE APPLICATIONS WILL BE REJECTED WITHOUT COVERAGE AND WILL BECOME THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PRODUCER.
TEMPORARY PROOF OF INSURANCE
A DULLY COMPLETED APPLICATION, IN
STRICT COMPLIANCE WITH THIS UNDERWRITTING RULES AND PROCEDURES, SHALL BECOME
TEMPORARY PROOF OF INSURANCE WHILE THE POLICY IS BEING ISSUED BY AUTO
INTERNATIONAL INSURANCE. MEXICAN ADJUSTERS WILL ACCEPT THE INSURED’S COPY
OF THE APPLICATION AS EVIDENCE OF INSURANCE AFTER VERIFYING COVERAGE WITH AUTO
INTERNATIONAL INSURANCE. MOST LIENHOLDERS WILL ACCEPT THE LIENHOLDER COPY
OF THE APPLICATION AS EVIDENCE OF COVERAGE AND GRANT PERMISSION FOR VEHICLES TO
DRIVERS: Any driver who has a valid drivers license from
any state in the
DRIVERS: Drivers with a
3. No MVR required
4. No Surcharge for tickets / accidents on driving record.
5. UNACCEPTABLE VEHICLES:
- Vehicle value of $50,000 or more
- Commercial use vehicles
- Vehicles not registered in the
6. Special/additional equipment is not covered. Custom, rebuilt, altered or modified vehicles will be covered at Actual Cash Value BEFORE ANY ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT.
7. Salvaged vehicles will be paid at 80% Actual Cash Value
8. One vehicle per policy.